If you have chronic back pain, restricted activity, and nerve pain due to large breasts, a breast reduction might be the solution for you. This procedure will not only make your life easier but will give you that extra boost of self-confidence!
Schedule your breast reduction consultation and see for yourself how life-changing this procedure can be.
When it comes to breast size, bigger isn’t always better. While the majority of breast surgeries focus on increasing breast size, some patients are seeking surgical intervention to reduce overly large breasts that may be interfering with their health, lifestyle, self-esteem, and overall quality of life.
In this blog, we will be discussing the ideal candidate for this procedure, what they can expect from their results, and the physical and mental benefits they can enjoy.
The Ideal Candidate
The ideal candidates for breast reduction surgery experience one or more of the following:
Have breasts that are too large for their body type
Have a breast size that is disproportionate to the rest of their figure
Experience neck and back pain from the excessive weight of their breasts
Have poor posture created by the excessive weight of their breasts
Have breasts that make it difficult to exercise and stay active
Suffer from bra strap irritation
Have breasts that make them feel self-conscious or emotionally unwell
At Dreyfuss Plastic Surgery, our breast reduction surgery goal is to help you achieve a breast size the is comfortable, healthy, and gives you an appearance you love and are confident in.
Breast reduction results in smaller, lifted breasts which are more manageable to carry physically and emotionally.
Results also include improved posture, relief from neck and back pain, more clothing choices, and the ability to move and exercise freely.
Many women with oversized breasts complain about the difficulty finding a comfortable sleeping position. This struggle can make it impossible to get a good night’s sleep and can affect the patient’s energy levels throughout the day. Additionally, searching for the best sleep position may cause stress on other parts of the body. Patients forced to sleep on their backs find it hard to breathe at times while opting for the side may irritate the shoulder or hip. Another consequence is experiencing sore joints while awake.
Improves Asthma Symptoms
Studies indicate that although rare, there can be some relief from asthma symptoms with breast reduction surgery. This improvement is caused by an increase in pulmonary function that results from an improvement in chest wall compliance after surgery.
Although physical benefits are an important reason woman choose breast reduction surgery, there may be some psychological benefits as well. Patients often express a boost in self-confidence and self-assurance because of their improved contour and body image. The surgery can alleviate social anxiety and make socializing a more enjoyable experience.
If you would like to have more information on the benefits of breast reduction surgery, please contact us today to schedule a consultation.
A study published in Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery, based on patient input, revealed 6 aspects of breast surgery that made a profound impact on satisfaction and quality of life.
1. Breast Characteristics Clearly the main goal of cosmetic breast surgery – participants of the study commented about improvements in breast shape and the clothing options that were now available to them as a result. One patient with breast implants reports, “Some things are much more fun to put on, and the stuff that I used to wear looks way better–I am sure they looked good before, too–but I just fill in a bit more, look a bit more busty in them.”
2. Physical Well-Being Breast reduction patients can get relief from back and neck pain, which often allows increased activity and better health.
3. Psychosocial Well-Being Patients in the study shared the positive changes in self perception and experiences in social settings. Increased confidence and feeling as if you fit the perceived “norm” of the female body are said to be a common benefits of breast surgery.
4. Sexual Well Being When people feel more attractive, they generally experience more sexual pleasure. If breast implants or another surgery improve a woman’s perception of her self and her body, sexual well being can consequently improve.
5. Surgeon-Patient Relationship Women who experienced a good surgeon-patient relationship – with open, honest communication – expressed more satisfaction with breast surgery. Patients who had an adverse relationship with the surgeon or staff reported being fearful, uncomfortable, and less satisfied. 6. Overall Satisfaction Researchers also included the simple category of general satisfaction. Would you undergo the surgery again? One breast augmentation patient responds, “there is not one day that goes by that I am not so pleased that I did it.”
You can access a similar article by the same researchers for free at BioMed Central.