Saline vs. Silicone Breast Implant Types
Interested in getting a breast augmentation, but not sure whether saline or silicone implants are right for you? Dr. Dreyfuss has put together this helpful infographic on facts about both saline and silicone breast implants. During your consultation, Dr. Dreyfuss will discuss your goals and help you decide which implant is best for you. To learn more about saline or silicone breast implants, please contact Dreyfuss Plastic Surgery to schedule your consultation.
- Saline implants are available for patients over 18 years old.
- It is made of a silicone-based soft shell and filled with a saltwater solution.
- They come in a variety of shapes and sizes with choices about the amount of projection and slope.
- They can sometimes feel more firm than natural breast tissue.
- They are sized specifically for your body, filled during the surgery.
- Silicone implants are available for patients over 22 years old.
- They have a flexible silicone outer shell and are pre-filled with a thick gel.
- They come in a wide range of sizes and shapes to accommodate different body types.
- They are growing in popularity, because they look and feel like natural breast tissue.
- They require a slightly larger incision since they are pre-filled.