As an FDA-approved prescription drug, Botox is one of the most popular methods available for non-surgically correcting lines and wrinkles caused by aging. While this product has many medical benefits – such as treating migraines and excessive sweating – you are probably more familiar with its cosmetic purposes of smoothing wrinkles on the skin by temporarily paralyzing muscles.
Each Botox injection treatment will last between four to six months, after which you will gradually regain your ability to make the repetitive muscle movements that crease your skin. To keep your youthful, smooth complexion, you’ll need periodic touch-up treatments. With an ongoing maintenance plan, the wrinkles will take longer to appear and will be less severe because repeated Botox injections effectively “train” your muscles to stay relaxed.
Botox is equally suitable for men as it is for women and, when expertly injected by board-certified Dr. David Dreyfuss, could be the best treatment to help you address the signs of aging that concern you.
You could be a good candidate for Botox if one or more of the following applies to you:
- Crow’s feet or worry lines around the eyes
- Moderate to severe frown lines between the brows
- Droopy brows
- Lines above the upper lip
Everyone ages at different rates, but the good news is you don’t have to live with wrinkles that make you appear older than you feel or give you a tired or angry-looking appearance.
What Areas Can You Get Treated With Botox?
If you’re considering Botox injections as an alternative or supplement to cosmetic surgery, the first thing to know is that it’s ideal for minimizing and relaxing the expression lines that form in the eye and eyebrow area.
- Forehead furrows: Horizontal indentations that stretch across your forehead.
- Eleven lines: Vertical wrinkles between the eyebrows.
- Crow’s feet: Wrinkles that form around the outside of the eyes over time.
Are There Any Other Uses for Botox?
While Botox is a popular non-surgical option for diminishing unwanted facial lines, it has more uses than eliminating dynamic and static wrinkles. It has proven to be an effective treatment for other cosmetic and non-cosmetic procedures as well.
- Acne treatment: Botox can treat acne breakouts by reducing oil production.
- Gummy smile: Botox can relax the upper lip, allowing it to cover more of the exposed gum.
- Bunny lines: Botox injections can smooth the lines on either side of the nose.
- Muscle spasms: Botox can temporarily paralyze the muscles responsible for unwelcome muscle twitches, including those in your face or back.
- Migraines: When injected into areas around the neck, forehead, and temples, Botox eases the pain and discomfort associated with migraines.
The Ideal Center for Your Botox Treatment in Chicago, IL
If you are looking to enhance your appearance and quality of life by using Botox or other types of injectables, Dr. David Dreyfuss can help you obtain treatments that are a perfect match for you.