A Brazilian butt lift is a procedure that can enhance the size and shape of the butt. In order to provide patients with more information about the procedure, Dr. Dreyfuss compiled this list of five things to know about the Brazilian butt lift. This infographic explains what the procedure does, how it is performed, and what recovery is like. For more information, or to schedule a consultation with Dr. Dreyfuss, please contact Dreyfuss Plastic Surgery.
- The Brazilian butt lift is a popular plastic surgery procedure that can increase the size and enhance the shape of the butt.
- This surgery first requires liposuction to harvest usable body fat from the patient’s abdomen, thighs, or elsewhere.
- After liposuction is done, the harvested fat is purified and used in a series of injections in the buttocks.
- Because some of the injected fat is reabsorbed by the body, the Brazilian butt lift may require multiple treatment sessions.
- During recovery, patients may experience some bruising and discomfort around the buttocks. A special compression garment may be provided to reduce swelling and help ensure a smooth result.